Extra Virgin Cod Liver Oil (EVCLO) Softgels | Rosita | 90 Capsules
Rosita EVCLO is real, Norwegian, cod liver oil that is fresh, raw & handcrafted from wild livers using a very rare ancient extraction technique which uses nature to separate the oil from its liver.
The ratio of DHA to EPA in EVCLO is approximately 1.4 to 1. In all other fish oils (and even other cod species), the EPA levels are higher than DHA levels.
Now available in a convenient capsule-form.
Wild, Fresh & Raw. Produced according to HACCP food safety standards.
- Omega 3 - EVCLO's ratio of DHA to EPA in EVCLO is approximately 1.4 to 1. In all other fish oils (and even other cod species), the EPA levels are higher than DHA levels. DHA is the most abundant fat in our brains - making it critical to optimised brain performance.
- Biologically active vitamins A & D3 - Working with the finest labs specialising in marine oils, test results have confirmed EVCLO’s vitamins are at their full bio-active levels. The vitamins remain in their natural form, along with all of the naturally occurring co-factors and other nutrients.
- Small amounts of Vitamin E are added during the production process to protect against rancidity.
- No chemicals, solvents and mechanical devices are ever used during the extraction process. The oil is completely unrefined and produced under the total absence of heat, a process that protects its nutritional value.
- Freshness - Polyunsaturated fatty acids are very fragile and can oxidise (become rancid) if they are not handled with the utmost care. This can be damaging to health, which is why EVCLO is made fresh (fish to bottle within 48 hours) and a great deal of effort goes into making sure it stays fresh from production through consumption.
|Fatty Acid Content||mg/serving (6 capsules)|
|20:5n-3 (EPA)||510 mg|
|22:6n-3 (DHA)||700 mg|
|18:1n-9 (Oleic acid)||1,200 mg|
|20:1n-9 (Gadoleic acid)||660 mg|
|22:1n-11 (Cetoleic acid)||375 mg|
|Fatty acids, Sum of Omega 6 Calc.||160 mg|
|Fatty acids, Sum of Omega 3 Calc.||1,460 mg|
|Unidentified fatty acids||240 mg|
|RATIO DHA:EPA||1:1 – 1.3:1|
|Omega 6/Omega 3 Ratio||0.11|
|VITAMIN A (RETINOL) ANALYSIS||IU/serving (6 capsules)1|
|Wild & Raw EVCLO||3900 IU|
|VITAMIN D3 (CHOLECALCIFEROL) ANALYSIS#||IU/serving (6 capsules)1|
|Wild & Raw EVCLO||395 IU|
1 Vitamin testing is not performed on each batch and may vary from batch to batch, and from season to season. The vitamins are all naturally occurring; nothing is added or destroyed during production.
# The vitamin D in Wild & Raw EVCLO is the same form of vitamin D that your body produces when exposed to sunlight and the only form found in significant quantities in unrefined fish liver oils.
“Healthy cultures relied on traditional wisdom”
For the Vikings of Northern Norway, the liver oil of the Atlantic Cod (Gadus Morhua) was held in high regard due to its tremendous powers of healing. The old sailors would rub the oil on their sore muscles and joints for relief. European infirmaries and apothecaries of the 1700’s and 1800’s reported amazing cures using cod liver oil from the Atlantic Cod. Mølje, an ancestral dish of Atlantic Cod filets along with the roe, livers and liver oil, were combined for a meal that helped Norwegians stay strong and ward off illness during the long dark winter months. Other fish species contain vitamin A and D plus Omega 3 fatty acids, but none of them possess the documented health claims attributed to cod liver oil from the Atlantic Cod.
Rosita Extra-Virgin Cod Liver Oil (EVCLO) is produced in small batches from wild cod (Gadus morhua) sustainably harvested from the pristine waters of Norway. An exclusive cold-process artisan method extracts the oil and preserves the delicate nutrients that are naturally present in wild cod livers. The resultant oil is as pure and authentic as it was for our Nordic ancestors hundreds of years ago.
Please note that this product is produced in small batches and may be out of stock for short periods.
All Rosita Real Foods™ products are tested by independent third-party institutes, laboratories and universities. Analytical tests have been performed by:
- ALS FOOD & Pharmaceutical
- Eurofins Food Testing
- BioDetection Systems
- The Nutrition Analytical Service, Institute of Aquaculture, University of Stirling, UK
Rosita Real Foods™ EVCLO is specially prepared to withstand temperatures through shipment for periods of more than a full month. The bottles are flushed with nitrogen to avoid oxidation, and do not need cold packs or ice during shipping. Once you receive your oil, it is important to allow the bottle to cool down to fridge temperature (4°C = 39°F) before opening.
Suggested Serving Size:
Adults: 3 capsules twice daily
Children: 3 capsules once daily
- Store at room temperature (15°C - 25°C, 58°F - 78°F).*
- Do not refrigerate unless necessary.**
- Store in a dark place.
- Use within 3 years of production date.
*Short fluctuations either side of these temperatures will have minimal impact on capsules.
**Where room temperature frequently or significantly exceeds 25°C / 78°F, capsules may be refrigerated for short periods. As low temperatures can cause condensation, it is recommended that capsules are not kept in the fridge for more than one month. Where there is no evidence of condensation, capsules may still be safe to use after three months in a fridge, however, this is not recommended.
Note - Item is not available for U.S. Customers
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.