Oregano oil comes from the leaves and shoots of the oregano plant.
Botanically known as Origanum vulgare, oregano is a flowering plant from the same family as mint. It is often used as an herb to flavor food.
Although it is native to Europe, it now grows all over the world.
Oregano has been popular ever since the Greeks and Romans used it for medicinal purposes in ancient times. In fact, the name oregano comes from the Greek words "oros," meaning mountain, and "ganos," meaning joy or delight.
Oregano oil is made by air-drying the leaves and shoots of the plant. Once they are dried, the oil is extracted and concentrated by steam distillation
The oil contains compounds called phenols, terpenes and terpenoids, which have powerful antioxidant properties and are responsible for its fragrance:
- Carvacrol: The most abundant phenol in oregano oil. It has been shown to stop the growth of several different types of bacteria.
- Thymol: A natural anti-fungal that can also support the immune system and protect against toxins.
- Rosmarinic acid: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect against damage caused by free radicals.
These compounds are thought to underlie oregano's many health benefits.
Nature’s Answer uses a unique bio-chelation process, developed by the company’s founder and owner to capture all of a plant's qualities. It includes “cold extraction.” Cold extraction, allows the raw plant materials to be extracted without being exposed to heat, thus capturing and preserving the holistic balance of the herb.
The Added Assurance of Nature’s Answer “Advanced Botanical Fingerprint” Technology™
Nature’s Answer Advanced Botanical Fingerprint Technology™ assures the highest quality of the botanical ingredients in every Nature’s Answer product. By creating one of the most comprehensive collections of plant specimens in the world and identifying each plant’s distinctive botanical fingerprint, Nature’s Answer can compare and analyse the quality and purity of every incoming botanical used to formulate their products.
- Promotes overall good health & well-being
- Supports & protects a healthy immune system
- Supports healthy intestinal & digestive function
- Gluten-Free, Alcohol-Free
- Tested & verified for quality, holistically balanced