Liposomal Vitamin C for Kids | Dr Mercola | 30 Capsules
If you’re a parent or a grandparent, you know how challenging it can be to get kids to eat the right types of foods, especially vegetables. This can put them at risk for low vitamin C levels.
Liposomal Vitamin C for Kids offers a 125 mg dosage level in a tiny capsule that’s just right for them.
Why liposomal? Advanced liposomal technology utilises phospholipids to help transport the vitamin C molecules across their gut membrane for enhanced bioavailability potential.
- Essential for the formation of neurotransmitters and other important brain and nervous system chemicals.
- Required for creating collagen, blood vessels, muscle, ligaments, cartilage, skin and other tissues.
- Helps produce carnitine for energy production as it transports fatty acids into the mitochondria to produce energy and carries out toxic wastes.
- Children who may be exposed to secondhand smoke may need even more vitamin C to help repair damage from smoke inhalation and exposure.
Dr Mercola's Vitamin C:
- Incorporates phospholipids to help protect the vitamin C and aid in the formation of liposomes in the stomach.
- Liposomes form in the body, surrounding some of the vitamin C molecules, for higher-bioavailability potential and protection against occasional intestinal discomfort.
- Provides higher bioavailability than traditional oral vitamin C.
- Delivers vitamin C in a high-quality, tightly-sealed Licaps capsule that is superior to other oral delivery systems in terms of leakage protection.
- Provides a more practical and effective way to complement your diet with vitamin C than traditional oral C.
Vitamin C is regarded as the "grandfather" of the traditional antioxidants we know of. And its potential health benefits are really quite astonishing. As a formidable antioxidant, this nutrient:
- Is a major "electron donor" in your body’s battle against oxidation
- Helps maintain optimal electron flow in your cells
- Can help protect vital molecular elements in your body such as proteins and lipids
Vitamin C is also required for the synthesis of something called collagen, an important structural component of blood vessels, tendons, ligaments, and bone.
It can also:
- Support your heart health
- Help promote blood pressure levels that are already in the normal range
- Help promote blood vessel and arterial vitality
- Aids in healthy eye support
- Helps promote healthy uric acid metabolism
- Boosts other antioxidants (in this case, vitamin E)
You might have heard of a new technology called liposomal technology that has been used to increase absorption of nutrients. This occurs naturally in krill oil. The omega-3 fats are bound to phospholipids that radically increase absorption relative to fish oil.
Similarly, we can now mimic that process in the gut to improve nutrient absorption.
With liposomal technology, the phospholipids in the capsule can form liposomes in the stomach. Studies show the movement of water is sufficient to create some liposomes. Stresses are high in the stomach, with stomach fluids in near constant motion, which could create an even greater amount of liposomes. Since liposomes can help the nutrient gain entry across your gut membrane to its target organs and cells, more liposomes could lead to an increased rate of absorption.
The research is now quite clear that one of the best and most practical ways to supplement your diet with oral vitamin C is with a liposomal form of vitamin C.
Advantages of Liposomal Absorption
Liposomal absorption is quite different from intestinal absorption.
With intestinal absorption:
- In order for your food and nutrients to be used, they first have to be broken down by your digestive system
- Once they are broken down to smaller fragments, your body can then absorb them
- Finally, these nutrients enter your bloodstream and your body is able to utilise them.
But with liposomal technology:
- The tiny particles of the phospholipid-coated nutrient create molecules of vitamin C coated with a substance similar to the cell walls themselves.
- The coated vitamin C molecules can more readily be absorbed.
With a portion of the vitamin C becoming encapsulated by liposomes formed in the gut, these molecules are more easily able to slip through the cell walls, increasing absorption.
Plus, this liposomal technology helps reduce the potential gastrointestinal distress that can accompany high doses of traditional oral vitamin C. And scientific research suggests that liposomal vitamin C may increase bioavailability over what was previously thought possible.
Children 4 years and older, as a dietary supplement, take one (1) capsule daily with water.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.