Liposomal Liquid L-Glutathione + Selenium | Well.Actually. | 300ml
Glutathione helps protect cells from free radicals, bacteria, viruses, radiation, heavy metal & certain medications toxicity.
- Highly absorbent
- Added selenium
- Vegan & vegetarian friendly
- Made in the UK to GMP, BRCGS standards
- Blueberry & Vanilla Flavoured, it tastes great straight off the spoon
- Free from alcohol, dairy, gluten, wheat, soy, artificial sweeteners, flavours and preservatives.
Liposomal Ultra Delivery & Protection
For optimal absorption, Well.Actually. encapsulates its Glutathione & Selenium within millions of micro-phospholipid bubbles called liposomes which are suspended in a Liquid. The membrane of these liposomes (phospholipids) is of the same material that surrounds our own cells. Due to this physiological indifference, the body recognises and transports the liposomal Glutathione & Selenium directly into our own cells. The liposomes also protect their nutrient-rich content against harsh digestive processes, which tablets and capsules cannot withstand. This ensures more intact Glutathione & Selenium make it into the blood.
Taking a standard tablet, powder, or capsule form glutathione is about as useful as eating soup with a fork, as it is not absorbed into the body easily.
What are the benefits of Glutathione?
Often dubbed “The Master Antioxidant” - Glutathione can be found in almost every cell of the human body. The body naturally produces glutathione in the liver, making it vital for supporting the body's natural detoxification capabilities. Production of glutathione declines as we age and/or suffer from poor diet, environmental toxins, stress, trauma, some medications, and infections. These factors reduce protection from free radical damage to our healthy cells, protein, and DNA.
Antioxidants are our body’s natural protection against free radical damage. Free radicals are molecules with unpaired electrons which makes them unstable as electrons like to be in pairs.
Free radicals attack other cells to steal their electron, therefore damaging the cell by reducing its ability to function. More free radicals can be created by smoking, pollution, chemicals, and exposure to the sun's UV rays. If free radicals overwhelm the body's ability to regulate them, a condition known as oxidative stress ensues. Oxidative stress can cause us to age quicker and can damage tissues which can lead to a variety of diseases over time.
A balance between free radicals and antioxidants is necessary for proper physiological function. Glutathione is a tri-peptide consisting of amino acids glutamate, cysteine, and glycine which have an extra electron. Acting as an electron donor, it directly binds to the molecules with the missing electrons and neutralizes them.
Glutathione is one of the few nutrients that can neutralize the full spectrum of free radicals in the body.
Besides its antioxidant defence and free radical scavenging, Glutathione regenerates important antioxidants such as vitamins C and E.
– Glutathione and Ageing - From the age of about 20, glutathione levels start to decrease as we age. Glutathione and Selenium contribute to the maintenance of normal skin and to the protection of skin cells against oxidative stress caused by environmental factors and ageing.
– Glutathione's role in Detoxification - Glutathione’s status within your cells is a particularly good indicator of their overall health and ability to fight toxins. Without glutathione, red cells die, white cells cannot function effectively and nerve tissue degenerates. Without it, every cell would become so ravaged by free radicals that it would perish.
Glutathione is particularly active in tissues that are most susceptible to toxicity such as the brain, liver, heart, kidneys, lungs, skin, and eyes. It binds to free radical and heavy metal toxins such as smoke, alcohol, heavy metals, pesticides, and other carcinogens helping prepare them for collection These are then excreted from the body via the liver and kidney.
The human body evolved to perform basic detoxification. In our modern polluted world, our bodies must detoxify a significantly greater amount of toxins to maintain good health. Giving your glutathione levels a boost can most likely have a positive impact on your health.
– Glutathione and Eye Health - Glutathione is concentrated in the brain and acts as an anti-glycating agent. It helps prevent the binding together of sugar and protein molecules which influence the natural aging process. This is also one of the main contributing factors relating to cataract formation. The lens of the eye uses a relatively large amount of Glutathione but studies have shown that in cataract cases, there is significant Glutathione deficiency, in the eye where the lens sit.
Do I need Glutathione and if so, how much should I take?
There is no single answer to this question. As with most supplements, diet, lifestyle, and age, are all contributing factors when assessing whether you might require extra Glutathione supplementation.
If you are generally feeling run down, a glutathione deficiency could be playing a part in this. When your body is under attack from infection it rapidly burns through Glutathione, as it also does with Vitamin C, so you may find that regular supplementation is helpful for breaking a cycle of feeling unwell.
Aside from illness here are some other causes of when your body is likely to burn-up more Glutathione than usual:
- Stress and anxiety
- Over exposure to toxic environments i.e. living or working in busy/ polluted cities
- Excess alcohol intake
- Heavy travelling i.e. jet lag
- Eating unhealthy foods
- Taking some medications
Vegetable Glycerin, Purified Water, Glutathione, Sunflower Lecithin (containing Phosphatidyl Choline), Sweetener (Xylitol), Natural Flavourings (Blueberry, Vanilla), Stabilizer (Xanthan Gum), Natural Antioxidant (Vitamin E), Sodium Selenite.
Shake Before Use. Take 5 to 10ml daily (1 to 2 teaspoons) a day. Can be taken directly or mixed with a cold drink, smoothies, and cereals.. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
5ml = 1 x level teaspoon
Warning Notices: Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking any medications or under medical supervision, please consult a doctor or pharmacist before taking this supplement.
Well.Actually. Liposomal Reduced L-Glutathione with Selenium has no known side effects and is generally safe for adults & older children. However, we always recommend consulting with a Doctor or professional healthcare practitioner before giving any dietary supplement to children under the age of 18, if you are breastfeeding, on medication, or requiring specific health care advice.
Contains Xylitol, excessive consumption may cause a laxative effect.
Allergy Advice: No added allergens.
No artificial colours or preservatives.
Avoid taking late in the evening or before bed as the phosphatidylcholine complex can be activating and cause sleep unrest.
- Unopened - Store in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight. Shake well before use.
- Once Opened – Store it in a refrigerator. Do not freeze. Place the cap back on the bottle, immediately after use. Life of 60 - 90 days, depending on correct storage. Store out of reach of young children.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.