Unlike other magnesium supplements for sleep, this formula is super clean and made in small batches. This means no common allergens and additives that might interfere with a restful slumber and digestion. Plus, it doesn’t include magnesium citrate, which may cause gastric upset.
What does Smidge® Evening Magnesium do?
Magnesium is one of the most natural ways to help with a good night’s rest.* So Smidge created an all-natural sleep supplement with magnesium glycinate complex that everyone can love, even people with sensitivities.
This way, Evening Magnesium supports deeply satisfying sleep, without unpleasant side digestive effects.
Depending on which studies you read, magnesium is responsible for between 300 to 800 enzyme-driven processes in the body, many of which support the nervous system. This reflects the important role potentially played by magnesium in physiological and pathological function.* Here are more well-documented benefits of magnesium glycinate complex:
- Provides a concentrated, absorbable form of magnesium
- Helps you feel more alert by activating the body’s energy source, ATP
- May ease feelings of stress and mild anxiety*
- Helps relax muscles and reduce mild leg cramps
- Supports elimination and digestion
- May ease mild headaches, migraine frequency and severity*
- May support blood sugar regulation, easing mild inflammation*
- Supports nerve function, blood pressure and heart health*
- Supports cell function, cellular repair and antioxidant status*
- May ease mild premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and period cramps*
Another huge role magnesium plays is aiding in the body’s regulation of calcium, potassium and sodium. It supports the absorption of calcium into the bones, rather than the tissues where it could cause health imbalances. And, magnesium is critical for the absorption and activation of vitamin D, which also helps support bone growth and maintenance.*
For a morning pep and additional magnesium supplementation, Morning Magnesium makes a fantastic companion to Evening Magnesium.
Magnesium’s beneficial impact on GABA, mood regulation and sleep
Magnesium increases GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid), an inhibitory neurotransmitter that lessens a nerve cell’s ability to receive, create or send chemical messages to other nerve cells.
GABA calms excitability in the brain by slowing and relaxing its receptor activity — and can gently, naturally block certain nerve signals in the brain to reduce fear, anxiety and stress.
When GABA is low, it becomes difficult to relax.
The benefits of increasing magnesium storage in the body and raising your GABA levels include:
- Lessening the production of the primary stress hormone cortisol
- Helping regulate stress response
- Reducing brain fog and memory issues*
- Supporting a calm, positive mood*