Sleep Mask with Lavender | Dr Mercola
Your natural sleep cycle begins as the sun starts going down. If you can't sleep, or experience sleep apnea, then a sleep mask may be the best natural sleep aid for you.
Filled with a delicate blend of lavender flowers, Dr Mercola's Sleep Mask with Lavender lulls you into restful slumber.
- Blocks light that can interfere with the deep, fulfilling sleep you need
- Extreme comfort design for the soothing all-night dreams you deserve
- Made with high-quality hypoallergenic materials for the peace of mind you want
- Easy-to-adjust Comfort Snug™ features allow for a custom fit that is second to none
- Slim streamlined design is ideal for a full night of refreshing and revitalising sleep
- Escape from the stress of your day: Find relief in the calming relaxation of lavender
- Washable, durable and retains its shape.
If you occasionally experience difficulty falling asleep, you've probably tried other options.
If you're like most people in your position, you've probably paid some good money for products that didn't end up helping much.
After a long hard day, all you want is a good night's sleep, right?
It shouldn't be too much to ask for, but finding restful and restorative sleep is not always as easy as it seems for many.
Recent exciting research is showing that something as commonplace as light can be the tipping point that determines whether you'll sleep deep.
Without the quality sleep your body needs, it's no wonder you wake up feeling groggy and tired after those occasional nights.
Deep sleep recharges your batteries, restores your body and mind, and boosts the performance of all your body's most important systems-giving you the help you need to make it through every day.
Without good sleep, well, you know what happens:
- You feel sluggish from the second you wake up
- Your ability to focus and get tasks done suffers, especially when you feel yourself "crashing" long before the day is over
- You never seem to be able to get into that "next gear," so everything feels like a real struggle
- You find that you're more easily annoyed, irritated, and prone to mood swings
- You have to fight to stay awake or even be present with the people and events in your daily life
Understanding Melatonin and light - It's the difference between night and day
Emerging research is demonstrating that the presence of light (or darkness) actually controls your body's internal clock, including your sleep patterns.
It works like this: Light travels through your eye's optic nerve to a part of your brain called the Suprachiasmatic Nucleus (SCN). Once there, it gives your body the message that it's either time to go to bed or time to wake up.
When it's dark outside, this message triggers the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone. On the other hand, when there is light, your SCN tells your body it's time for you to get up.
Light also signals your SCN to initiate other processes associated with being awake, such as raising your body temperature and producing hormones like cortisol.
In simpler terms: Melatonin is produced when it's dark. Your body stops producing it when there is light.
Introducing Dr Mercola's sleep mask with Lavender:
Darkness and deep sleep can be yours
While you can take many steps to make sure your bedroom is as dark as possible, if there is even the tiniest bit of light in the room it can disrupt your sleep.
As soon as there is light – even just turning on that bathroom light in the middle of the night – you may be keeping yourself from the best sleep.
So, how do assure yourself that light will not disrupt your sleep?
Dr Mercola have found that the Sleep Mask with Lavender is one of the quickest and easiest answers.
With this pioneering sleep mask, you can be in complete control of your environment for optimal sleep.
Ideal for travellers, night-shift workers and anybody who desires a restful, rejuvenating sleep, Dr Mercola Sleep Mask with Lavender is just what you're looking for when you're looking for the best night's sleep.
With its pleasing lavender and chamomile scent, sleep is more soothing than ever.
- Fully breathable 100% cotton interlock padding which cushions the eyes without pressure with silky soft linen satin exterior
- Organza sachet contains a relaxing blend of lavender flowers and chamomile. Additional serene blends include lavender-lemon verbena and lavender-rose geranium.
- Sleek design and feather light at a mere 1.2 ounces
- Custom fit with revolutionary, ultra thin, adjustable harness
- Great for men and women and individuals of all ages
Adjust over the eyes and immerse yourself in the experience of lavender and chamomile.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.