Organic Deodorant | Dr Mercola
Finally: Effective, Organic Deodorant Without Potentially Harmful Ingredients
Listed below is the ingredients in Dr Mercola Organic Deodorant and the benefits each provides:
- Baking Soda - Baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, is one of the safest and most versatile substances available. The usually fine white powder works wonders in our deodorant formula by helping to prevent body odour. Baking soda is also naturally aluminium free.
- Cold-Pressed, 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil - It has been long said that coconut oil is the smartest oil you can use in cooking, and now, also recommending it as a beneficial, effective ingredient in Organic Deodorant. The ingredient in coconut oil that makes it work so well is lauric acid. But the coconut oil quality also has to be taken into account. The coconut oil in Dr Mercola's deodorant is certified organic and is cold pressed to avoid destroying coconut oil’s beneficial properties.
- Organic Arrowroot Powder - This white powder is used as a thickening and stabilising agent in food preparation. In addition, it’s also very useful as a chemical-free, non-synthetic body care formulation base. We include it in our Organic Deodorants to help absorb moisture.
- Organic Carnauba Wax - Carnauba wax is widely used in the cosmetic, body care and food industries. It is beneficial for cosmetics because it is very durable and produces a glossy finish. This carnauba wax is also toxin-free.
- Organic Shea Butter - Shea butter is a vitamin A cream from West Central Africa. For centuries, Shea butter has been highly regarded as a superior skin moisturiser, having the ability to penetrate deeply, softening the skin.
Toxin-Free Deodorant and so Safe You Could Eat It
Your underarms are one of the most sensitive areas of your body. So doesn’t it make sense to keep harsh chemicals away from them?
Aluminium, in particular, is one of the worst metals you can put on your skin. It’s often added to many non-organic deodorants as an antiperspirant. Aluminium is a potentially dangerous toxin that may lead to health issues when applied to the body.
Dr Mercola's deodorants have been formulated to contain no harmful chemicals or additives including aluminium, parabens, sulphates, phthalates, petroleum, phosphates, DEA, or dyes. Plus, there are no synthetic, artificial, or genetically modified ingredients.
Instead, their deodorants are USDA-certified organic. Plus, everything is assembled by hand in an inspected facility with equipment cleaned with only green products.
And the few quality ingredients included in the Organic Deodorants are 100 percent food-grade and completely safe for you to eat (although, they don’t actually recommend eating the deodorant). It is just a testament to just how safe the product is.
Plus, you will not find any common allergens, like soy, wheat, corn or nuts, in Dr Mercola's Organic Deodorants.
Cruelty-Free, Vegan-Certified and Assembled by Hand in Eco-Friendly Packaging
You’ll be pleased to know that not only do their deodorants contain only the finest ingredients, they are also handmade and artisanal-grade. Dr Mercola's Organic Deodorants are made in small batches and then hand-poured into each deodorant stick, utilising both artistry and craftsmanship in each product.
They are packaged in BPA-free polypropylene plastic, and the labels are made from 100 percent tree-free paper. You don’t need to remove the label from the container before recycling because they are both recyclable.
Plus, their Organic Deodorants are created in a responsible way, without harming animals. All three varieties are cruelty-free and have not been tested on animals. And they are vegan-certified through Vegan Action and free from any and all animal-derived ingredients.
Even the ink on the front and back of the label are vegan!
The deodorant may get “stuck” on the container which prevents you from pushing it out. This is caused by the storage temperature being too cold (in our warehouse and/or during transit).
One way to fix it is to warm the outside of the product up a bit by putting it under hot water for a few seconds (or letting it sit in warm water). It may take a little bit more strength when raising the deodorant out of the stick than normal the first time, but after it has come loose from the container, it should work perfectly fine.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.