Organic Biodynamic® Fermented Moringa | Dr Mercola | 90 Tablets
For the first time, Certified Biodynamic® and fermentation are combined in tablet form with our Biodynamic® Organic Fermented Moringa. Never before has a dietary supplement been available biodynamically and delivered in a tablet.
A decade ago, very few people outside of the tropical and subtropical regions knew about Moringa.
First exposed to the world at large by a televised documentary, it quickly garnered the attention of the National Science Foundation and National Geographic Society for its nutritional and environmental attributes.
Moringa has been long valued as a traditional herb. Over 1,300 studies, reports, and articles have been published, highlighting Moringa’s potential benefits for health.
Here are just a few of the more popular uses for these nutrient-rich, tiny green leaves from the Moringa, or Moringa oleifera tree that grows mostly in tropical and subtropical regions:
- Antioxidant support against free radicals - Moringa’s leaves contain high amounts of polyphenols that exhibit strong antioxidant activity against free radicals and help protect against oxidative damage.
- Digestive support - The flavonoids, phenolic acids, and isothiocyanates (super compounds also found in Brussels sprouts and arugula) in Moringa leaves support a healthy inflammatory response and help protect your stomach lining from insults.
- Mood, sleep, and brain health support - Moringa is a rich source of tryptophan, an amino acid that helps boost serotonin levels. Possibly working through your gut-brain axis, the communication channel between your gut and brain, an increase in serotonin may positively support your mood, sleep, and even memory.
- Supports blood pressure already in the healthy normal range - Moringa contains four different niazicin glycoside compounds that have been shown in laboratory testing to support healthy blood pressure levels.
- Immune function support - With Moringa’s abundant vitamin C, antioxidants, minerals and other nutrients, it has been shown in studies to support immune function.
Nutrition - Moringa vs Other Fruits & Vegetables? Moringa Wins.
The word "superfood" has become one of the most overused - and sometimes misused - words on the internet.
However, what other term can you use to describe a food that, gram for gram when dried, has…
- 15 times the potassium of bananas
- 12 times the vitamin C of oranges
- 9 times the protein of yogurt, and
- 3 times the vitamin A of carrots
Moringa, or Moringa oleifera contains over 90 vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, 46 types of antioxidants, and 36 anti-inflammatory compounds. It has one of the highest, if not the highest protein ratio of any plant studied.
How to Choose the Best Moringa for You
Once Moringa became recognised for all its potential, it didn’t take long for products to start flooding the marketplace.
Here’s what to look for in a Moringa that’s worth your time and attention:
- Make sure it’s made only from the leaves. Its valuable nutrients are concentrated in its leaves.
- Make sure it’s raw and not exposed to high heat. Excessive heat can destroy Moringa’s fragile compounds.
- Make sure at a minimum it’s organic to avoid potentially dangerous pesticides and herbicides, but ideally goes beyond organic and is produced according to Biodynamic® standards for optimal environmental stewardship.
- Make sure it’s a dried powder. When Moringa is dried and turned into a powder, its potency increases. A dried Moringa leaf has three to five times more nutrients than a fresh leaf.
- Make sure it contains no fillers or genetically engineered ingredients. You want 100 percent pure Moringa with nothing else added.
- Make sure it is made by a company you can trust as some so-called organic Moringa powders are being found to contain pesticides and heavy metals.
This Organic Biodynamic® Moringa is raw, organic and produced according to Biodynamic® standards. Plus, it’s made only from the leaves of the Moringa tree, so you get nothing but pure Moringa.
Why Biodynamic® Moringa?
Food can only be as good a quality as the soil in which it was grown. Poor-quality, nutrient-depleted soil simply cannot produce high-quality nutritious food.
While Certified Organic may be a good first step, Dr Mercola believes it’s less than ideal. Yes, it helps you avoid health-harming synthetic pesticides. But it may potentially lack in some other important areas.
Just because a food is organic doesn’t guarantee it is a high-quality food. If the soil lacks important nutrients, the food will lack nutrients.
For nutritious food, you need good topsoil. And to build good nutrient-rich topsoil, you must follow regenerative farming methods.
A step above organic, Biodynamic® farming utilises regenerative farming methods with a spiritual-ethical-ecological approach.
The Biodynamic® concept views a farm as a living organism. It’s self-contained, self-sustaining, and follows the cycles of nature. The farm creates its vitality and well-being out of its own dynamics.
So how did this concept come about?
Back in the 1920s, Rudolf Steiner, the founder of Waldorf education, and someone regarded as a very wise man, was approached by a group of farmers. They were alarmed at what was happening on their farms.
Their seeds weren’t germinating... Their food wasn’t as tasty... Even their animals weren’t as healthy. They were beginning to notice the effects of industrialised agriculture with its re-purposed nitrogen fertiliser and synthetic pesticides.
Steiner’s sage advice? Stop viewing farms as factories and instead, see them as the living organisms they truly are.
Produced in a Region That Stands to Benefit Greatly
In many parts of the world – especially those affected most by drought and poor soil conditions that can lead to what’s known as desertification, or the spreading of arid desert conditions – hundreds of millions of people face the real threat of famine.
In support of these regions facing such challenges, Dr Mercola is sourcing Organic Biodynamic® Moringa from an Egyptian community that has been embracing sustainable development for over 40 years.
Certified by the Egyptian Biodynamic® Association, this organisation applies Demeter International guidelines in their agricultural processes. Best of all, they are supplying more than 20,000 local people with fair wages and a life-affirming livelihood.
How to Get the Most from Organic Biodynamic® Moringa
Related to broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts – and somewhat similar in taste, Dr Mercola's Organic Biodynamic®Moringa can be sprinkled over or added to casseroles, soups, and other recipes.
Since Moringa comes to you raw, it’s best consumed uncooked as excessive heat may damage its nutritional compounds.
Ideally add it to cooked foods, salads, soups, and cold drinks. If you want to add it to hot entrees or soup, do so after it is finished cooking or in the last few minutes of cooking to minimise heat exposure.
Moringa powder makes a great addition to smoothies as well as fresh squeezed vegetable juice.
For a delicious beverage on its own, try blending it with unsweetened coconut milk, fresh ginger, lemon, and a light touch of honey.
You can also add the powder to hot water to make Moringa tea. Just don’t allow the Moringa to boil. Simply brew the powder for a few minutes in the pre-heated water.
We encourage you to experiment with Moringa, but also suggest you start slowly since it can be a very powerful food if you’re not used to it.
Adults, as a dietary supplement, take 1 tablet per serving.
This product can be taken up to 3 times daily.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.