Joint Formula with BiovaFlex - Dr Mercola - 30 Capsules
Flexibility and healthy joints are cornerstones of a healthy lifestyle as we age. Traditional chondroitin and glucosamine have proven largely ineffective support, unless taken in large doses.
Now introducing an all-in-one, high-quality joint formula: Mercola Joint Formula with Zanthin, Boswellia, Hyaluronic Acid and Biovaflex.
Dr Mercola's Joint Formula offers a potent alternative to glucosamine-based products for joint health in a small, easy to swallow, once-a-day hard shell dosage form. Designed to provide both short and long term support of joint health.
Mercola Joint Formula* is designed to provide both short- and long-term support of joint health featuring four joint health ingredients:
- BiovaFlex® Water-Soluble Egg Shell Membrane – nature's own "formulation" of joint nutrients that support joint mobility, flexibility and function and provides your joints with the building blocks to build cartilage*
- Zanthin® Natural Astaxanthin – proven to help support joint health and mobility after exercise. Astaxanthin also supports quicker recovery times after intense training and exercise.
- Boswellia – helps maintain a steady flow of blood to your joints, thus supporting your joint tissues' ability to boost flexibility and strength.*
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) – a key component of your cartilage, HA serves as an effective way you cushion your joints.
1. What is BiovaFlex®?
BiovaFlex® contains elastin, collagen, and glycosaminoglycans, designed to support the stability and flexibility of your joints.
BiovaFlex® offers you all the nutrients contained within eggshell membrane. The eggshell membrane is the unique protective barrier between the egg white and the mineralized egg shell.
Open lab trials have shown that the ingredient alone produces positive results, including support for functional flexibility in as little as two weeks. BiovaFlex® is the first and only water-soluble eggshell membrane ingredient made in the USA.
BiovaFlex® is nature’s own formulation of joint nutrients – as found in eggshell membranes. As a dietary ingredient, it offers a number of nutritional building blocks to help support joint health.
2. Why Astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin supports joint health and flexibility. In studies, it helped:
- Support grip strength among tennis players
- Support joint health and mobility after exercise
- Support joint health and quicker recovery times for elite athletes after intense training and exercise
- Support a healthy immune response
Ten Times Stronger Than Other Antioxidants
- It is one of the most powerful biological antioxidants known and shows strong free radical scavenging activity. It functions within your cells, and has nearly 550 times stronger singlet oxygen quenching than vitamin E and has greater ability to support immune function than vitamin E. In other words, astaxanthin is 550 times more effective at scavenging free radicals than vitamin E.
- Studies comparing astaxanthin to other carotenoids have shown that it possesses antioxidant activity up to 10 times stronger than that of beta-carotene, canthaxanthin, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
3. Boswellia - Indian Frankincense
Boswellia – or Indian frankincense – is an Ayurvedic herb used for centuries in India for joint support.
It comes from the Boswellia serrata tree that grows in the dry hills of India. Traditionally, Indians have historically used the tree bark's gummy resin, called salai guggal, for joint health.
Indian frankincense contains what scientists call boswellic acids, which can help promote a healthy immune response. With sustained use, boswellia can help maintain steady blood flow to your joints… supporting your joint tissues’ ability to boost flexibility and strength.
- The normal functioning of your body's connective tissues
- The normal functioning of your joints
- The normal flexibility of your body
- A normal and comfortable range of motion
And it has been used extensively in Ayurveda for joint support.
4. And Finally... Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is present in every tissue of your body. One of its most important biological functions is the retention of water… second only to providing nutrients and removing waste from cells that lack a direct blood supply, such as cartilage cells.
Cartilage is a specialized form of connective tissue, lending strength and flexibility to your body. A key component of your cartilage is Hyaluronic Acid.
Your joints are surrounded by a membrane called the synovial membrane, which forms a capsule around the ends of your bones. This membrane secretes a liquid called the synovial fluid into your joint cavities.
It serves as a lubricant, shock absorber and nutrient carrier. As a lubricant and shock absorber, it functions to protect your joints and bones during normal movement. Your cartilage is immersed in, and fed by, the synovial fluid… giving you an idea why it is so important to your joint health. Without HA, nutrients can’t move into these cells… and waste can’t be moved out.
Unfortunately, the process of normal aging reduces the amount of HA synthesized by your body. Oral hyaluronic acid supplementation may effectively help most people cushion their joints after just 2 to 4 months.
Hyaluronic acid side effects are rare and mild. If you’re allergic to chicken, consult your doctor before taking this product. And if mild stomach upset occurs when taken alone, take it with or after a meal.
Dr Mercola's Joint Formula is designed to provide both short- and long-term support of joint health featuring four joint health ingredients –
- BiovaFlex® Water-Soluble Egg Shell Membrane
- Zanthin® Astaxanthin
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)
Adults, as a dietary supplement take one (1) capsule per day.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.