Joint Formula | Dr Mercola
Flexibility and healthy joints are cornerstones of a healthy lifestyle as we age. Traditional chondroitin and glucosamine have proven largely ineffective support, unless taken in large doses.
Now introducing an all-in-one, high-quality joint formula: Mercola Joint Formula with NEM® - Natural Eggshell Membrane, Astaxanthin, Indian Frankincense (Boswellia) and Hyaluronic Acid.
Dr Mercola's Joint Formula offers a potent alternative to glucosamine-based products for joint health in a small, easy to swallow, once-a-day hard shell dosage form. Designed to provide both short and long term support of joint health.
Mercola Joint Formula* is designed to provide both short- and long-term support of joint health featuring four joint health ingredients:
- NEM® - Natural Eggshell Membrane – nature's own "formulation" of joint nutrients that support joint mobility, flexibility and function and provides your joints with the building blocks to build cartilage
- Natural Astaxanthin – proven to help support joint health and mobility after exercise. Astaxanthin also supports quicker recovery times after intense training and exercise.
- Indian Frankincense - Boswellia – helps maintain a steady flow of blood to your joints, thus supporting your joint tissues' ability to boost flexibility and strength.*
- Hyaluronic acid (HA) – a key component of your cartilage, HA serves as an effective way to cushion your joints.
1. What is NEM®?
An Eco-Friendly Eggshell Membrane Matrix from the Midwestern Heartland
Straight from real, freshly cracked eggs, Natural Eggshell Membrane, or NEM® brand eggshell membrane matrix offers the important building blocks collagen, elastin, GAGs and other proteins to support the stability and flexibility of your joints and to help maintain your joint cartilage.
NEM® brand eggshell membrane is an eco-friendly product. And it has a fascinating story behind it.
Watching truckload after truckload full of discarded shells departing from a local Midwestern egg-breaking facility, NEM ’s founder wondered how he could help save 600,000 tons of eggshells from being discarded into American landfills each year.
Made by Mother Nature, this waste had to have a better purpose.
That drove him to digging into the research and discovering eggshell membrane had been used for many years in Japan for countless health benefits, including joint health.
Truly a eureka moment, NEM ’s founder launched his company’s mission to transform this wasted resource into a powerful, naturally sourced joint health supplement.
That was a few years ago. Today, this forward-thinking company is preventing thousands of tons of eggshells from becoming environmental waste, and instead, they’re contributing to consumer wellness.
And the process they use to manufacture NEM is no less environmentally friendly.
Their FDA inspected, NSF-certified GMP facilities leave no detrimental ecological footprint. Using a gentle patented process, the eggshells and their attached membranes are separated from each other.
The isolated membrane is then partially hydrolysed and dry-blended to produce 100 percent pure NEM powder.
Made completely in the U.S.A., every lot of NEM undergoes testing to verify it is low in toxic heavy metals and free from pathogenic bacteria.
Plus, it’s certified Kosher and Halal and free of any genetically engineered material.
2. Why Astaxanthin?
Astaxanthin supports joint health and flexibility. In studies, it helped:
- Support grip strength among tennis players
- Support joint health and mobility after exercise
- Support joint health and quicker recovery times for elite athletes after intense training and exercise
- Contribute to the normal function of the immune system
Ten Times Stronger Than Other Antioxidants
- It is one of the most powerful biological antioxidants known and shows strong free radical scavenging activity. It functions within your cells, and has nearly 550 times stronger singlet oxygen quenching than vitamin E and has greater ability to support normal immune function than vitamin E. In other words, astaxanthin is 550 times more effective at scavenging free radicals than vitamin E.
- Studies comparing astaxanthin to other carotenoids have shown that it possesses antioxidant activity up to 10 times stronger than that of beta-carotene, canthaxanthin, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
3. Boswellia - Indian Frankincense
Boswellia – or Indian frankincense – is an Ayurvedic herb used for centuries in India for joint support.
It comes from the Boswellia serrata tree that grows in the dry hills of India. Traditionally, Indians have historically used the tree bark's gummy resin, called salai guggal, for joint health.
Indian frankincense contains what scientists call boswellic acids, which can help promote a healthy and normal immune response. With sustained use, boswellia can help maintain steady blood flow to your joints… supporting your joint tissues’ ability to boost flexibility and strength.
- The normal functioning of your body's connective tissues
- The normal functioning of your joints
- The normal flexibility of your body
- A normal and comfortable range of motion
And it has been used extensively in Ayurveda for joint support.
4. And Finally... Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is present in every tissue of your body. One of its most important biological functions is the retention of water… second only to providing nutrients and removing waste from cells that lack a direct blood supply, such as cartilage cells.
Cartilage is a specialised form of connective tissue, lending strength and flexibility to your body. A key component of your cartilage is Hyaluronic Acid.
Your joints are surrounded by a membrane called the synovial membrane, which forms a capsule around the ends of your bones. This membrane secretes a liquid called the synovial fluid into your joint cavities.
It serves as a lubricant, shock absorber and nutrient carrier. As a lubricant and shock absorber, it functions to protect your joints and bones during normal movement. Your cartilage is immersed in, and fed by, the synovial fluid… giving you an idea why it is so important to your joint health. Without HA, nutrients can’t move into these cells… and waste can’t be moved out.
Unfortunately, the process of normal ageing reduces the amount of HA synthesised by your body. Oral hyaluronic acid supplementation may effectively help most people cushion their joints after just 2 to 4 months.
Hyaluronic acid side effects are rare and mild. If you’re allergic to chicken, consult your doctor before taking this product. And if mild stomach upset occurs when taken alone, take it with or after a meal.
Dr Mercola's Joint Formula is designed to provide both short- and long-term support of joint health featuring four joint health ingredients –
- BiovaFlex® Water-Soluble Egg Shell Membrane
- Zanthin® Astaxanthin
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)
Adults, as a dietary supplement take one (1) capsule per day.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.