Joint Support for Pets - Dr Mercola - 60 Tablets
Since joint health is a major concern among many pet owners, we are excited to offer Joint Support for Pets. This proprietary blend contain not just 1 or 2, but 7 active joint health ingredients.
Here's what you'll find in Joint Support for Pets:
- BiovaPlex™ – supports the stability and flexibility of your pet's joints, as well as the skin and coat
- CMO (Cetyl Myristoleate) – a potent joint lubricant
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) – provides sulphur, which is a vital building block of your pet's joints, cartilage, nerve tissue, skin, hair, and nails
- Collagen Type II – contains the greatest number of joint-supporting proteoglycans of all the forms of collagen
- Vitamin C (pH balanced ascorbic acid) – a powerful antioxidant to help reduce free radical production
- Bromelain (from fresh pineapple) – naturally helps promote a normal immune response in humans and animals
- Green-Lipped Mussel – aids in maintaining a normal inflammatory response and supports joint mobility
Complete with quality whey protein and beef liver powder, the formula comes in a delicious chewable tablet that dogs and cats love.
As Your Pet Ages, It Gets Tougher to Replace Lost Cartilage
Cartilage is firm elastic living tissue that lines the 2 bone surfaces in a healthy joint.
Cartilage cells produce long chain molecules called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). When they combine with water, they provide cushioning to help protect your pet's bones during movement and exercise.
With advancing age, your pet's natural production of GAGs slows and his or her body may not be able to replace lost cartilage fast enough to maintain optimal hip and joint health.
This is where cartilage-supporting agents (CPAs) may help. They can help maintain the health of cartilage cells. In fact, CPAs can potentially improve joint function and performance.
CMO and Collagen Type II - Two More Super-Ingredients for Your Pet's Joint Health
Cetyl Myristoleate, or CMO for short, is a potent joint lubricant. By keeping joints lubricated, wear and tear takes less of a toll on joints.
You can help maintain a wider range of motion and promote comfort in your pet. Plus, nutrients can better reach the cartilage and soft tissue and nourish your pet's joints.
The Cetyl Myristoleate Complex found in Joint Support for Pets is the result of years of clinical research and exploration of raw materials and preparation techniques. This unique complex contains a bioavailable, high concentration of Cetyl Myristoleate.
The CMO in Joint Support for Pets appears to function in at least four different ways:
- Its lubricating qualities begin to work soon after starting use
- Results can be seen within 2 to 3 weeks
- Promotes a normal, healthy immune response
- Promotes comfortable movement
Collagen Type II comes from chicken cartilage and contains the greatest number of joint supporting proteoglycans of all the forms of collagen.
Creating a fibrillar network of collagen allows the cartilage to entrap the proteoglycans and provide tensile strength to the surrounding tissue.
Green-Lipped Mussel to Benefit Joint Mobility
Perna canaliculus, or the Green-Lipped Mussel, is a bivalve mollusk native to New Zealand. It has been added to aid in maintaining a normal inflammatory response.
Other benefits include:
- Joint mobility support
- Rich source of omega fatty acids, minerals, amino acids, and enzymes
All in all, this ingredient supports not only healthy joints for your pet, but also a healthy immune system.
For an Added Measure of Comfort Joint Support for Pets contains MSM, Bromelain, and Vitamin C, Too
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) provides 2 essential substances:
- Sulphur – a vital building block of your pet's joints, cartilage, nerve tissue, skin, hair and nails, and...
- Methyl groups – which support many vital biochemical processes in your pet's body, including energy production
MSM is a naturally occurring nutrient found in many foods in very small amounts. Published research shows MSM to be safe and effective in promoting joint comfort and supporting a normal range of motion in animals.
The sulphur in MSM helps promote flexibility and elasticity of body tissue and helps maintain cell membrane permeability. MSM also acts as a powerful antioxidant, scavenging free radicals and aiding in muscle function and joint fluid production.
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme from fresh pineapple. It helps naturally promote a normal immune response in humans and animals.
And last, but not the least, we've added Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) - a powerful antioxidant to help reduce free radical production. Because it's pH balanced, it's gentle on your pet's stomach.
Please refer to the label for detailed instructions as it will vary based on your pet type.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.