Joint Support for Pets | Dr Mercola | 60 Tablets
Since joint health is a major concern among many pet owners, we are excited to offer Joint Support for Pets. This proprietary blend contain not just 1 or 2, but EIGHT active, joint health ingredients.
Here's what you'll find in Joint Support for Pets:
- NEM® Eggshell Membrane – Supports the stability and flexibility of your pet’s joints, as well as your pet’s skin and coat
- Collagen from Organic Beef Bone Broth – Offers types I, II, and III of collagen, providing support for cartilage tissue and bone health
- CMO (Cetyl Myristoleate) – A fast-acting potent joint lubricant that helps relieve pain from activity, helps reduce stiffness and increases range of motion
- Low Density Hyaluronic Acid – A special patented, more easily absorbed form of Hyaluronic Acid that acts as a lubricant, shock absorber, and nutrient carrier to nourish and protect joints
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) – Provides sulphur which is a vital building block of your pet's joints, cartilage, nerve, skin, hair, and nails, plus methyl groups to support many vital biochemical processes in your pet’s body
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) – A powerful antioxidant to help reduce free radical production, and because it's pH balanced, it’s gentle on your pet's stomach
- BioPerine® Black Pepper – A patented extract obtained from black pepper fruits (Piper nigrum) standardised minimum to 95 percent Piperine to help your pet absorb the beneficial compounds in the Joint Support formula (studies show BioPerine® can enhance absorption of nutrients by at least 30 percent)
- Bromelain (from fresh pineapple) – A proteolytic enzyme that helps promote a normal immune response in humans and animals
Complete with quality whey protein and beef liver powder, the formula comes in a delicious chewable tablet that dogs and cats love.
As Your Pet Ages, It Gets Tougher to Replace Lost Cartilage
Cartilage is firm elastic living tissue that lines the 2 bone surfaces in a healthy joint.
Cartilage cells produce long chain molecules called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs). When they combine with water, they provide cushioning to help protect your pet's bones during movement and exercise.
With advancing age, your pet's natural production of GAGs slows and his or her body may not be able to replace lost cartilage fast enough to maintain optimal hip and joint health.
This is where cartilage-supporting agents (CPAs) may help. They can help maintain the health of cartilage cells. In fact, CPAs can potentially improve joint function and performance.
From the Barnyard: Nature's Gift for Your Pet's Healthy Joints
Eggshell Membrane is an ingredient derived from the protective barrier that remains in the shells of broken eggs.
What makes eggshell membrane so unique?
It contains a number of naturally derived substances including:
- Collagen – A fibrous protein that supports cartilage and connective tissue strength and elasticity
- Elastin – A protein that supports skin, cardiovascular, cartilage, and spinal health. Elastin gives tissue its elastic tension and ability to resume its shape after stretching
- Desmosine and isodesmosine – Two little-known amino acids responsible for elastin’s elastic or “rubbery” properties
- Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) – Includes glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid - vital polysaccharides that are structural components of connective tissue, interstitial fluids, and skeletal structure
- Transforming growth factor-b – A protein that plays a crucial role in cellular differentiation and immune function
Eggshell membrane, with all these valuable components working together, helps:
- Support a healthy range of motion
- Deliver nutrients to your pet’s cartilage and the soft tissue surrounding your pet’s joints
- Support a healthy inflammatory response
- Support skin and coat health
CMO Helps Lubricate Joints for Comfort and Mobility
Cetyl Myristoleate, or CMO for short, is a potent joint lubricant. By keeping joints lubricated, wear and tear takes less of a toll on joints.
Dr Mercola has been using CMO with patients for many years and has found that it helps relieve pain from activity, helps reduce stiffness and increases range of motion.
CMO may help your pet maintain a wider range of motion and experience greater comfort. Plus, nutrients can better reach the cartilage and soft tissue and nourish your pet's joints.
The Cetyl Myristoleate Complex found in Joint Support for Pets is the result of years of clinical research and exploration of raw materials and preparation techniques. This unique complex contains a bioavailable, high concentration of Cetyl Myristoleate.
The CMO in this formula appears to function in at least four different ways:
- Its lubricating qualities begin to work soon after starting use
- Results can be seen within two to three weeks
- Promotes a normal, healthy immune response
- Promotes comfortable movement
Certified Organic, This Beef Collagen Doesn’t Come From Animals Raised on Factory Farms
Collagen is naturally found in your pet’s joints and connective tissue. It makes up as much as 90 percent of muscle, tendons, ligaments, and other joint supporting tissues.
Through its ability to create a fibrous network of collagen, your pet’s cartilage can entrap circulating joint building blocks and provide tensile strength to the surrounding tissue.
As your pet ages, their capacity to produce collagen fades, making them more susceptible to injuries and painful bones and joint conditions, as well as poor skin and coat health. Age-related joint and tissue pain is largely due to the loss and breakdown of their body’s collagen.
The Collagen from Organic Beef Bone Broth in Joint Support for Pets offers types I, II and III of collagen, providing support for both cartilage tissue and bone health.
Unfortunately, recent testing reveals popular, non-organic collagen products contain potentially hazardous contaminants, including antibiotics, steroids, prescription drug metabolites, parabens, and even insecticides.
This suggests that much of the non-organic collagen is coming from factory-farmed or animals raised in CAFOs (Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations). That’s why Dr Mercola now insisting that the collagen in his formulas is from USDA Organic sources only.
For an Added Measure of Comfort: MSM, Bromelain, Vitamin C and Black Pepper
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a naturally occurring nutrient found in many foods in very small amounts. Published research shows MSM to be safe and effective in promoting joint comfort and supporting a normal range of motion in animals.
MSM provides two essential substances:
- Sulphur – a vital building block of your pet's joints, cartilage, nerve tissue, skin, hair and nails
- Methyl groups – which support many vital biochemical processes in your pet's body, including energy production
The sulphur in MSM helps promote flexibility and elasticity of body tissue and helps maintain cell membrane permeability. MSM also acts as a powerful antioxidant, scavenging free radicals and aiding in muscle function and joint fluid production.
In addition, there is:
- Bromelain, a proteolytic enzyme from fresh pineapple, helps promote a normal immune response in humans and animals
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), a powerful antioxidant to help reduce free radical production, and because it's pH-balanced, it's gentle on your pet's stomach
- BioPerine® Black Pepper, a patented extract obtained from black pepper fruits (Piper nigrum) standardised minimum to 95 percent Piperine to help your pet absorb the beneficial compounds in the formula (studies show BioPerine® can enhance absorption of nutrients by at least 30 percent)
Suggested UsePlease refer to the label for detailed instructions as it will vary based on your pet type.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.