Krill Oil | Dr Mercola
Unlike fish oils, krill oil carries its omega-3s, EPA, and DHA, in the form of phospholipids – liposomes or little packages that deliver the fatty acids directly to your body’s cells.
Antarctic Krill Oil is a must-have product for the following reasons and more:
- Supports a healthy heart
- Helps maintain blood sugar levels already in the normal range
- Supports healthy joints and overall joint comfort
- Supports a healthy brain and nervous system function and development
- Helps maintain cholesterol levels already in the normal range
- Contribute to the normal function of the immune system
- Supports a healthy mood
Antarctic Pure Krill Oil also contains powerful antioxidants including astaxanthin, canthaxanthin and vitamins A and E, which offer protection from free radical damage. Krill Oil has shown to have over 47 times the antioxidant protection of fish oil and lutein and over 34 times that of coenzyme Q-10.
Antarctic Pure Krill Oil by Dr Mercola is processed using a patented and unique cold extraction method which creates a clean oil free from heavy metals, dioxins, PCBs and other contaminants. Also, free from harmful additives and preservatives, Antarctic Pure Krill Oil is highly stable at room temperature, where it has a shelf life of two years.
Unlike fish oils, Antarctic krill oil carries omega-3s in the form of phospholipids – liposomes or little packages that deliver the fatty acids directly to your body's cells.
Scientific evidence to date has shown that the safest and most effective carriers of EPA and DHA are these phospholipids. Unfortunately, standard fish oils (and inferior krill oil brands) lack this phospholipid complex. Instead, they contain omega-3 fatty acids in the less-beneficial form of free triglycerides.
Why are phospholipids so important? In a nutshell, they:
- Provide the building blocks for your cell membranes
- Regulate cellular transport by functioning as “gate-keepers”
- Help protect your cell membranes from free radicals
This unique relationship between the phospholipids and omega-3 fatty acids greatly facilitates the passage of the fatty acid molecules through your intestinal wall. This helps you in three ways:
- Makes the omega-3 fats in Krill Oil more bioavailable than those in fish oil
- Allows EPA and DHA to directly enter your cells
- Improves your omega-3 to omega-6 ratio
With Dr Mercola's Krill Oil you don’t have to be concerned about potential contaminants and pollutants often found in fish oils and certain fish you might eat. Because krill are at the bottom of the food chain, they don’t accumulate pollutants like other fish species. And the krill used for this product come from clear, pure Antarctic waters.
Here are just some of the key advantages that Dr Mercola's Antarctic Krill Oil has over other krill and fish oils:
- The fishery that provides the krill for this product was the only fishery to receive an “A” grade for sustainability.
- Is MSC-certified – “Boat to plate” certification and auditing ensures harvesting to manufacturing adheres to MSC’s chain of custody standard. Krill are harvested in a sustainable way that also ensures no by-catch (non-krill species) is captured.
- Provides traceability and trust – Manufacturer provides traceability of krill from its source through final processing in a controlled value chain.
- Employs a unique Patent-Pending Harvesting Method – This technology helps ensure top quality krill oil by delivering the krill to tanks on the boat alive (unlike most other manufacturers). This allows for fresh processing of delicate krill.
- Uses superior encapsulation – With the use of a Licaps® capsule, Krill Oil is delivered in a unique hermetically-sealed protective capsule.
- Provides enhanced shelf-life – Exemplary filling and sealing process incorporated in encapsulation helps improve krill oil longevity by helping prevent oxidation.
WARNING: If you are allergic to shellfish, have a blood coagulation disorder, or are taking anticoagulants such as Warfarin (Coumadin), do not use Krill Oil.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.