Curcumin Advanced 500mg - Dr Mercola - 90 Capsules
The potential antioxidant benefits from curcumin are actually just the tip of the iceberg. Many studies have shown a variety of different ways that this spice can support your overall vitality.
Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant that can also help you:
- maintain cholesterol levels already in the normal range
- support male prostate health
- assist your gall bladder function
- support postmenopausal health in women (along with exercise)
Plus, with this spice capable of crossing the blood-brain barrier, curcumin’s potential as a neuro-protective nutrient and supporter of overall brain health is quite exciting.
You have many available options when searching for a turmeric/curcumin supplement. Don't make the mistake many could be making by just selecting the cheapest formula without scrutinising what's in it (and what's not).
That's why the Dr Mercola research team created a unique curcumin formula :
- Utilises advanced technology to enhance bioavailability – Only a couple percent of curcumin is typically absorbed. Curcumin Advanced uses sustained-release technology and a self-emulsifying system to ensure the curcumin is highly bio-available.
- Is sourced from raw turmeric material containing at least 95% curcuminoids
- Delivers three curcuminoids found in turmeric – Curcumin is the principal curcuminoid (active ingredient) in turmeric. But there are also two more, demethylated curcuminoids (demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin)
- Avoids unnecessary fillers, additives, and risky excipients – It makes little sense to have questionable, unnecessary ingredients in the formula.
A recently published study of 40 adults between the ages of 50 and 90 with mild memory lapses shows promising potential for curcumin for brain health.
Participants in the study received either 90 mg of a curcumin supplement twice a day for 18 months, or a placebo.
At the end of the study – and every six months afterwards – participants completed a standardised cognitive assessment. Thirty of the study subjects also underwent PET scans to look for signs of brain changes associated with memory loss.
The results? Those who received curcumin saw significant improvements in memory and concentration – a 28 percent improvement over the 18-month treatment period – and brain scans confirmed the positive benefits of curcumin.DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.