Black Seed Oil 'Original' | The Blessed Seed® | 1000ml (1L)
Revered for millennia, and across many Middle Eastern and North African cultures, black seed oil has been used to support the immune system, beautify skin, add shine to hair and maintain healthy weight.
The Blessed Seed Company produces one of the strongest and purest forms of black seed oil available on the market. Utilising cold-press techniques and only high-quality seeds to produce a high percentage of the key "volatile oil".
The 'Original' Black Seed Oil strength contains 1.5% - 1.7% of volatile oil, packed full of thymoquinone, phytosterols and vitamins that are beneficial for total body health.
- Clarifies skin, promotes healthy nail growth and adds shine to hair.
- Supports a healthy immune system.
- Promotes healthy weight loss.
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Stimulates the body’s energy and aids in recovery from fatigue and low spirits, according to Avicenna (ibn Sina), known as the "father of modern medicine".
- Improves digestive function - helps various conditions such as diarrhoea, constipation and gas.
- Encourages a healthy inflammatory response in the body - loaded with thymoquinone, Vitamin B1, B2, and B3 which provide the body with powerful anti-oxidants that reduce inflammation.
- Also known to improve sleep quality.
- Used effectively to treat thrush, also known as candida albicans.
- Stored in a dark-coloured bottle to increase longevity and preserve freshness.
Skin Health - Additional BenefitsBlack Seed oil is packed with valuable nutrients providing beneficial ingredients for skin recovery and repair.
- Potassium keeps skin moist.
- Zinc treats minor skin irritations and infections, like pimples and blackheads. It can also alleviate dry, itchy and flaky skin.
- B-vitamins work together to increase the production of ceramides (a family of waxy lipid molecules) which allow your skin to retain moisture.
- Vitamin C stimulates collagen synthesis and improves skin tone and texture. It also reduces the appearance of dark spots and helps to delay fine lines and wrinkles.
- Calcium helps to maintain lipid barrier function, provides antioxidant protection from things like UV damage and boosts cell renewal.
Recommended for frequent users looking for something a little more potent. Also great as an introduction to this natural phenomenon.
Black Seed Oil (also known as Blessed Seed Oil, Black cumin seed oil, Kalonji Oil, and Nigella Sativa Oil) has been celebrated as a medicinal herb with a wide range of healing capabilities for almost 4000 years.
The Prophet of Islam, Muhammad said: “Hold on to the use of the black seed, for indeed it has a remedy for every disease except death.”
This product was made using a slow, cold-pressing process, which preserves the antioxidants and volatile components. All The Blessed Seed oils are made to exacting standards and they have introduced a wide range of different strength oils, to suit different needs.
Using only the finest Nigella Seeds from various locations around the world, quality checks are conducted, alongside constant testing and analysis to maintain purity and quality.
Research has revealed that the active component of black seed oil, and the source of its strength, is in its volatile oil.
The Blessed Seed vs. The Competition
Most other Black Seed Oils on the market contain somewhere between 0.3 - 1.2% of volatile oil. The Blessed Seed Oils, however, contains between 1.2% and 6.3%, depending on the product strength you choose.
- Mild Black Seed Oil capsules typically contains 1.0% - 1.2% of volatile oil.
- Original Black Seed Oil typically contains between 1.5% – 1.7% of volatile oil.
- Strong Black Seed Oil typically contains 4.3-4.9% of volatile oil
- Extra Strong Black Seed Oil typically contains 6.3% of volatile oil
The Blessed Seed packaging
At the manufacturing plant the Blessed seed Oil is processed under scrupulous, hygienic conditions, is certified by German authorities and bottled as fast as possible after pressing. This helps to preserve more of the volatile components in the oil.
The capsules contain 100% pure, cold-pressed Black Seed Oil, produced from the finest quality Nigella Sativa seeds and are made with halal beef gelatin.
The oils are bottled and delivered in brown, glass bottles to prevent light and heat damage and plastic contamination – unlike some manufacturers who use plastic bottles. Glass does not leach and dark glass helps to keep the temperature down and the light out. It is the best choice to protect and preserve the healing properties of the oil.
- The Black Seed Oil bottles come fitted with safety caps.
- 100ml Original Black Seed oil bottles also feature a unique pouring spout. It is designed to provide cleaner dispensing of the oil and minimise wastage.
Fatty Acid Content
- 43% linoleic acid
- 17% oleic acid
- 9% palmitic acid
- 3% stearic acid
- 6% eicosadienoic acid (EPA)
- 5% eicosatetraenoic acid (ETA);
- 0.7% linolenic acid
- 3% docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
- 0.16% myristic acid
Importance of Omega Fatty Acids
There are a total of 26 fatty acids in black seed oil. Roughly 15% of the fatty acid content is 8 saturated fatty acids and 80% of total fatty acid content is a combination of 18 different unsaturated fatty acids.
The unsaturated fatty acids include linoleic acid (omega-6) and two important omega-3s, EPA and DHA, which are usually found in animal products like fatty fish. It also contains a form of omega-3 called eicosatetraenoic acid (ETA), which is rarely found in food at all.
Omega-6 and omega-3 are essential fatty acids because your body can’t make them. They are the predominant Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) in our diet but we actually don’t need a lot of them.
The unusual combination of fatty acids in black seed oil is an antidote to oxidation. Along with the thymoquinone, the EPA, DHA, and ETA support the body against a host of degenerative/age-related diseases. Diseases which are often caused caused by chronic, low-level inflammation.
It is a powerful, natural antioxidant and can inhibit the formation of undesirable prostaglandins and free radicals. It provides anti-inflammatory properties and can help reduce pain too. It also has a choleretic effect (stimulates the production of bile) and is therefore good for fat metabolism and detoxification.
It can help alleviate symptoms of asthma through its broncho-dilating effect and can support the body by helping to inhibit the secretion of histamines.
Production of Prostaglandin E1
Black seed oil is comparable to Borage and Primrose oil in terms of essential fatty acid content. Both omega-3 and omega-6 are precursor molecules necessary for the production of prostaglandin E1. E1 is an important hormone-like substance that is one of the chemical regulators involved in inflammation, immune function and many other biological processes. Prostaglandin E1 is vital for regulating and harmonising the immune system.
Saponin Melathin (Anti-Parasitic)
Has strong cleaning properties and is used as a laxative and for destroying parasites. It is suitable for treating parasites in infants whereas most other herbal remedies would be too extreme. For example, wormwood, a common herbal treatment, is effective but unsuitable for the sensitive.
Promotes the absorption of nutrients from food. Stimulates appetite, aids, digestion, promotes intestinal cleansing and facilitates bowel movements. It increases secretion and is considered mucolytic and expectorant, helping to quickly remove bronchial mucous.
The body needs it to use oxygen and for the metabolism of amino acids, fatty acids, and carbohydrates.
Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
It is one of the B complex vitamins. It plays an important role in helping the body convert carbohydrates and fat into energy. It is required for normal growth and development. It helps to maintain proper functioning of the heart, nervous, and digestive systems.
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Another B complex, essential for the breakdown of fats and protein. It maintains muscle tone along the digestive tract. It promotes the health of the nervous system, skin, hair, eyes, mouth, and liver.
B-Carotene is converted by the liver into vitamin A, a vitamin known for its anti-oxidant and eye-supporting activity.
Arginine, or L-arginine, a semi-essential amino acid, is required for many metabolic processes. It can support the immune system, improve blood flow and sexual health. It also assists in stimulating the release of human growth hormone and insulin.
Fifteen Amino Acids
15 amino acids make up the protein content of the black seed, including all nine essential amino acids. Essential amino acids cannot be synthesised within our body in enough quantities, so they are required from our diet.
Adults: Take 1/2 a teaspoon daily for 1 week (may increase gradually to 3 teaspoons daily). Or rub externally on body for skin health and improvement to many known conditions such as “candida rash” and other irritable rough skin issues.
Children: 5 years + - half the adult dosage
Children under 5 and sensitive people administer in drops.
Caution: Not to be taken during pregnancy. Consult your healthcare practitioner.
When stored properly, this Black Seed Oil has an extremely long shelf life. Oil must be tightly capped and stored at regular room temperature in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
Refrigeration recommended to avoid rancidity.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.